TEST 2

Monday, July 27, 2020

Did You See the Sunrise Today?!

This summer, my family purchased kayaks instead of going on a vacation.  We enjoy taking them to local lakes, reservoirs, and rivers.

On a recent kayak fishing trip, I had a frustrating day.  First, I didn't even get one bite.  Second, I lost one of my fishing poles. I put it in the holder behind me on my kayak but it must not have been completely down in the hole so when I started paddling it fell out.  It is now on the bottom of Hoover Reservoir.  And third, my favorite lure got caught in a tree and I spent 30 minutes trying to get it out.

But, I saw a pretty awesome sunrise.



To all my educator friends, I hope to provide you with some encouragement for this school year.
You will have days (maybe you already have and the school year hasn't even started yet!) when you don't get any bites, lose your fishing pole, and get your favorite lure stuck.  However, we are blessed with an awesome opportunity each day.  Let's try to remind ourselves and each other of the many good and honorable things that we are a part of, get to do, and experience.  Let's lift each other up and support each other like never before without blaming and complaining.




I included a photo of a catfish just so you know that I do actually catch some stuff (sometimes)














No comments:

Post a Comment